September 20, 2005

Weather report

Today we'll be watching the weather reports for Natick, hoping that the predicted thunderstorms don't materialize. If they do, we're probably looking at a postponement of the meet.

I finally got my laptop working last night, and was able to post stories and pictures from last week's meets. In doing so, I realized how few good pictures I have of the girls team. I will try to do a better job at our next meet. In the mean time, if anyone else has digital photos of either team that you would like to share, please send them to me and I will make sure they are posted.

On this day in 2001: North boys and girls swept a dual meet against Needham and Framingham. The meet had originally been scheduled for 9/11/2001 but was postponed after the Twin Tower attacks in New York. In the boys race, freshman Chris Barnicle won his second race of the season at Framingham's 3.0 mile home course in 16:34 despite taking a nasty fall with about 600m to go. The girls won easily, taking the first four places. Controversy ensued when three Needham runners missed a turn and ended up cutting the course by 400m.

No comments: