July 13, 2009

NNHS Alumni Results - 7/12/09

The Greater Boston Track Club men placed fourth at the USATF national club track and field championships this past weekend, and Newton North grads (and GBTC teammates) Dave Cahill and Josh Seeherman were there competing.

Dave ran in both the 4x400 and 4x800 relays. The 4x400 finished second in 3:18.10, while the 4x800 ran 8:20.57 to finish 6th.

Josh competed in the open 800, running 1:59.31, ran a leg on the aforementioned 4x800 relay, and anchored GBTC's sprint medley, which also finished 6th in 3:43.41.

---

Jamie Krieder won the weekly 5M race at Fresh Pond Race on Saturday morning, running 28:25 for the roughly 5M two-loop course.

---

Rumor has it that Dan Chebot jumped in an ran the Utica Boilermaker 15K as a bandit, but as he was unofficial, we'll have to ask him to supply the details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only was my second lap faster and felt better than the first, but it was also faster and felt better than my ~only~ lap two weeks ago under the same conditions (well, I didn't have the same sweaty shirt on). Still a several minutes off of my best, but a good sign :)

Nice job Josh!
JK

Unknown said...

I did in fact run the boilermaker, not as a bandit but as Peter Mueller, my friend Danny's 15 year-old brother. He decided not to run and I was given his chip. Fortunately his age group goes from 15 to 19, so I did not set an age group record which would have been awkward to explain to the race officials. I ran 51:46 for the 15k race, exactly two minutes better than last year when I was actually hitting mileage in preparation for cross country.

Anonymous said...

any newton north results from the bay state games?