September 09, 2006

Brookline Sweeps Needham; Polgar Debuts for BU

The Brookline girls earned a surprising 1-point win (27-28) over Needham on Friday(so much for my predictions!), while the Brookline boys easily handled the Rockets (22-33) in the first Bay State XC meet of the season. The girls race was won by Emily Lippman of Needham, while the boys race was won by Brookline's Robert Gibson. Brokline's Elliot Lehane took second, while Needham's Sam Miller was third.

In early collegiate action, David Polgar competed in his first XC race for BU, finishing 16th overall and 6th for his team at the BU Invitational at Franklin Park Friday. Polgar ran 28:02 for 8K race.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the 8k.

Anonymous said...

The 8K wasn't nearly as bad as I thought...

Anonymous said...

27:22 time trial last saturday......15 of our guys were barred from the meet due to streaking the week before. i felt comfortable and relaxed despite really crappy course and windy day.

Anonymous said...

want a cookie?

Anonymous said...

mmmm i love cookies

Anonymous said...

Dough, and yes, you do not deserve to have your name spelled correctly, stop pretending you're me. Also, Jon, it has been brought to my attention that I was 5th and not 6th out of the B.U. guys.

p.s.: I would like a cookie, thank you...