December 10, 2006

NNHS Alumni Indoor Results - 12/09/06

More college indoor results from our far-flung alumni:

Noah Jampol made an impression in his first indoor race for the Johns Hopkins Blue Jays, winning the mile at the Ursinus Invitational in 4:38.72. No word yet on whether he doubled back for one of the relays.

David Slifer (Hartford) competed at the Harvard Invitational in Allston on Saturday, clocking 52.45 for 400 meters. Dave Cahill (Greater Boston Track Club) ran 1:07.25 in the 500 meters, improving a tenth of a second from his time last week at the Northeastern meet.

Harvard Invitational Results




On Dec 7, Dan Chebot opened his indoor season by placing second in the mile at the RIT Invitational in 4:44.52.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't run any of the relays. I ran just for the win in the mile. Was in 4'th with 550 to go and made a 150 meter surge to gap the field by 3 seconds, and then just cruised it in from there. Can't say I'm a fan of flat tracks. My feet hurt pretty badly afterwards from fighting against the turns. Nice to be running something less than 8K, though. Thanks for the mention, Jon, and I'm excited to see everyone when I come back after finals.

Unknown said...

the ursinus track is unquestionably the worst 200m oval indoor track ever made. They're not all that bad.
Also, my time is a bit misleading......I had started running maybe a week before the race after 2 full weeks off and just kind of ran for fun and to beat my sophmore teammates/rivals.