April 21, 2007

NNHS Alumni Results - April 21, 2007

After weeks of rain, snow, sleet, and just generally nasty conditions, the sun came out in the Northeast for a number of college track meets.

(Added 4/23) - Kevin Chan (Bentley) won the discus at the MIT Invitational, held April 21st at MIT's Steinbrenner Stadium with a toss of 136-1. He also placed in the shot put with a throw of 44-9.75. You can read details here:

Chan Finishes First in Discus

At the State of Maine Championships, former NNHS teammates Doug Brecher (now a freshman at Bates) and Pat Pierce (now a junior at Bowdoin) avoided a rematch of their indoor 5000 duel, as Doug ran the 5000 and Pat the 10000. Doug placed fifth in 16:13.48, while Pat placed 4th in the 25-lap event in 33:34.73.

Running in the ACC Championships for Duke, former North standout and MA State 200m champion Dan King placed 5th in the 400m with a time of 47.80. Dan actually ran that same time twice, once in the trials on Friday, and again in the finals today.

At the Little Three Championships (Wesleyan-Williams-Amherst), Wesleyan's Steph O'Brien placed 5th in the 400m running 60.83.

We have a lot of one-lap results this week. At the Dartmouth Invitational, Middlebury sophomore Simone Weisman ran 60.74 to place 6th in the 400m.

Chris Barnicle ran 3:52.22 for 1500 at the John McDonnell Invitational at Arkansas.




Here's a result from earlier in the week that I missed: Dan Chebot competed in the 10000m at the Univ. of Rochester Alumni Classic (he's not an alumni, he's a sophomore, but whatever...), running 33:26.15 for 2nd place.

And another addition: as his comment indicates, Noah Jampol ran a fine race at the Widener Invitational. His time of 4:08.84 for 1500 converts to approximately 4:28 flat for the mile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
I ran 4:08.84 Saturday at the Widener Invitational. Not my absolute best showing, but after two really bad races it's encouraging. I've been doing great in workouts, so I'm happy it started to show in a race somewhat.
-Noah

Jon Waldron said...

Hi Noah - I'm sorry I missed your result in the 1500. Did you also run on the 4x800 relay? What's next up for you? Are you sticking with the 1500 for now?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
I only ran the 15- there was no 4x8 at the meet. As for what's next, this week I'm going to bypass the meet mainly because of the 8 AM bus and prospects of being there all day. I'm going to time trial an 800 with Graham(4:03 15/15:16 5K)instead. Conferences is the following week, and I'll run the 4x8(Day 2) and 1500(Day 3). I'm really doing the time trial just to feel sharp at the 8 because I have barely run it. I think I'm going to run at least one high performance meet/open mile when I come back(May 10'th). I think being back home in my own bed and all could help a lot because I have sleep issues here and such. After that, a short break and lots of base mileage. Would love to run with you, Polgar, Ankit, Pat, Doug(?). I'll be around most summer.

Anonymous said...

Running sounds great...what am I saying??!!??!! Either way, we could get that Wednesday Cold Spirngs run going again, or whatever day would be convenient for y'all. Also, what's the conversion number thingy for 1500 to mile?? (I still believe it's bull&^*$ because you can't account for over 100m of a race in pure numbers but regardless, what is that number??).