August 09, 2007

CIGNA 5K Tonight

One of the biggest local races of the summer happens tonight in Manchester, NH, as roughly 4000 runners will participate in the CIGNA/Elliot 5k Road Race. The race attracts a strong field (last year's winner, Alene Reta, ran 14:42).

The last I heard, Tom Davis and Jess Barton were planning on running. Tom finished 4th overall last year in 15:12. Jess ran 18:12 and also finished 4th in the women's race. Both won their age divisions.




Another local event of some interest is the 4x1600m relay to be held in conjunction with the Boston Summer Track Series meet in South Boston at 6:00PM in Moakley Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Jess and I are still running. Unfortunately I've been injured for 3 days now, my achilles has been acting up after a 22 mile long run, averaging sub 6. Anyways, just thought I'd give you that update. Also, sorry I never e-mailed you about running with Victor, he actually never got back in touch with me about running that week. If you plan on doing any hard efforts between tomorrow and sunday, I'll be around, even for an easy run - so long as my achilles holds up.

- Tom