December 08, 2008

NNHS Alumni Results - Husky Winter Carnival

On Saturday, local collegiate and open competition moved indoors with the Husky Winter Carnival at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury. Several generations of NNHS alumni were represented in the results.

Starting with the field events (for once), Bentley freshman Steve Long put the shot 13.11m (43-00.25) to place 14th in his first collegiate meet.

In the mile, Seb Putzeys ran 4:26.05 to place 11th. After a full season of XC running 8Ks, do you think Seb is looking forward to the shorter races indoors?

Dave Cahill (Greater Boston TC) jumped into the 500 and placed 9th in 1:07.30.

In the women's 3000m, Jess Barton placed 3rd in 10:18.21.

But to me, the most significant result of the day was to see that Harvard won the 4x400 relay in 3:19.30, with senior Jon Wofsy running anchor. While at Newton North, Wofsy was one of the most exciting, most reliable anchors the school ever had. At Harvard, he has had to deal with various injuries, including a stress fracture of the femur. It is great to see him running well, and we wish him good health and the best of luck this season.

Husky Winter Carnival Results

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to Jon Wofsy back. Can't wait to see him run. He was looking real good before his injuries.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's very exciting to see Wofsy running again!

- Tom

Steve Drew said...

Jon,

This is total off topic...

I am starting a blog on NNHS Track Alumni. Me and my four brothers were all track team captains in the 70's and 80's

I have linked your blog to mine and am attempting to contact all of NNHS trackmen and women I can.

My name is Stephen Drew, class of 1985. Check around a bit, Tom Gusti was an assistant football coach when I played.

I think your blog is top-notch.
check mine sometime, I started this morning.

http://nnhstracklegends.blogspot.com/

Steve

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! It's good to be back. -Wofsy