June 06, 2011

Wednesday June 8 @ Cold Spring Park.


For the past several years, the Newton Summer Running Project (NSRP) has provided a loose structure for getting together with friends for steady runs during the summer months when most of us are busy building a mileage base for Fall cross country (or marathons).

Our routine has involved meeting at Cold Spring Park in Newton on Monday and Wednesdays at 6:15, and then departing for a run at 6:30. Different folks do different runs. There's usually a group of guys running 8-10 miles at sub 7:00 pace. I can't do that anymore, so I usually run 5-7 miles @7:00-7:30 pace, but I'm usually happy to go slower. If someone shows up wanting to ruhttp://www2.blogger.com/img/blank.gifn 4 miles at 8:00 pace, I'll join you.

Because of my schedule this summer, I don't know whether I'll be able to commit to regular runs from Cold Spring, but a few of us are planning to get together THIS Wednesday, June 8th, for a run. If you're around and looking for training partners, you should consider coming by.

Meet at 6:15. Run at 6:30.

Map to Beacon Street Entrance of Cold Spring Park, Newton

1 comment:

Billy said...

Unfortunately I'll be missing you guys this summer while I'm working here in Pittsburgh. I'll be there in spirit! Good luck with the summer running!