February 19, 2014

New Blogs and Old Tricks

You might have noticed that I haven't posted recently -- as in, for a couple of years. Sorry about that.

Since then, Newton North Track and Cross Country has won multiple team and individual state championships, adding all sorts of hardware to the already over-stuffed trophy cases in the new school. I've loved seeing this, even if it has been over seven years since I've had any involvement in the program. There's no way I can offer enough congratulations to the Newton North coaches and athletes for those accomplishments, but congratulations anyway!

For those few of you who still check this site from time to time to see if I've emerged from my long winter of hibernation, I want to say that it's unlikely that I'll ever be posting about Newton North and the Bay State League. However, if you are interested in the smaller world of the larger running community, I have started another blog to write about my adventures and thoughts as a runner, coach, and fan.

I don't intend to write much about High School Track and XC, although -- who knows? -- I might start doing that at some point. Mostly, I'm going to just write about what I'm thinking, which means using running as a jumping-off point for all sorts of digressions and flights of fancy. Consider yourself warned.

Anyway, the new blog is here: therunnereclectic.com

Thanks for being patient all these years.

7 comments:

Billy said...

He posts!!!!!!!!! Ive checked this site like every week for the last couple years. Finch and I talk about how you stopped writing. Hope youre doing well! I miss those nsrp runs :) ill bookmark the new site now

Jon Waldron said...

Thanks, Billy, for having faith and for checking the blog so faithfully over the past two years. I'm actually really happy to be sharing my thoughts about running and other things again on the new site.

I miss those NSRP runs, too! I don't know when you'll be in Newton, but let's plan an NSRP Alumni run this summer.

Pat said...

I like checking the blog, if for no other reason than getting to see Daniel cresting the hill on the Brookline course 5 or so years ago.

John Keklak said...

Jon,

The link to your new blog is broken here. It seems the correct address is: http://therunnereclectic.com/

BTW, here you are in the 2014 USATF Masters mile: http://smu.gs/1gFa86D

John Keklak

Jon Waldron said...

John - thank you for pointing out that the link was broken. It should be fixed now.

And thank you for the great photographs. Even my grimace after the 3k looks artistic in your photo.

And finally, congratulations to Andrea on her 4th-place finish at NCAAs. Very, very impressive!

ankit said...

I'm not sure what made me decide to check the blog again, but I'm glad I did! Looking forward to catching up with loads of new reading material!

Venny Lim said...

DATANG DAN REBUT JUTAAN RUPIAH SETIAP HARINYA.
Yuk datang untuk mendapatkan uang tambahan setiap harinya Hanya di Situs Poker Andalan.
Modal Kecil Dapat Puluhan Juta ^^
Bareng aku dan teman-temanku yang cantik-cantik loh !
Info Situs Poker Andalan :
WA : +6282167043127
Facebook : Venny Lim


Kunjungi Juga :
Situs Poker
Poker Andalan
HobiQQ
JuraganQQ
KicauQQ
DewaKiuKiu
Agen BandarQ
Rumus Bandarq
Trik Bermain Bandarq
Hobi Membaca
Cerita Dewasa Terlengkap
Mixtape Breakbeat Terlengkap