June 28, 2007

Heat Wave!

I blame everything on the heat.

Don't click on this link: www.nnhsxc.net -- the domain name has expired, and I need to renewe it. I blame the heat.

(If you just can't live without the site for a few days, you can follow this link:
Newton North Track and XC Web Site.

Why haven't I updated the site since November? It got too cold, then it was too rainy, and now it's too hot.

Last night, newly minted high school graduate Matt Centrowitz ran 4:03.47 for the mile, finishing one place ahead of certified old guy Jim Sorenson, who ran 4:05.27. Both of them missed breaking 4:00, so mostly yawns from the T&F message boards. It's hotter than heck out there in Indiana.

I have a list of things I want to write about:

- Heat waves
- Barry Bonds and Ben Johnson
- the Evils of Treadmills
- Gender-Based Differences in Training Run Conversations
- My Brilliant High Jump Career

But I can't get started on any of them. There is a fuzziness in my brain that is exactly the fuzziness that sets in when one has been running for 40-50 minutes in these humid conditions, unable to shed the heat that builds up with every step.

I like the heat, really I do. It's an all-purpose excuse for slow runs, software failures, and writer's block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Centro over Sorenson ... Heat....complaining....I see an upset in the making setting a trend....
Riley over Waldron