October 26, 2007

2007 League Meet Predictions

I always get a lot of feedback when I go out on a limb and rank the Bay State teams, or predict the results of an upcoming meet. And what meet is bigger than the league meet? So without further ado, I'm going to stir up the hornet's nest of controversy and go out on a limb with the following predictions. I know these will seem crazy, but here goes...

1. I predict that the fall colors will be beautiful at Houghton's Pond in Milton.

2. I predict that Brookline's Robert Gibson will win the boys varsity race and Natick's Becca White will win the girls varsity race.

3. I predict that Brookline will win the boys team title and Wellesley will win the girls team title.

4. I predict that at least one JV runner will miss the start of the race.

5. I predict that at least one varsity runner will go out too fast and run slower than their potential.

6. I predict that the loudest people there will be Weymouth coach Mike Miller and Brookline coach Mike Glennon.

7. I predict that at least six adults will ask me which way the course goes, or how far it is to the finish, or how long the course is.

8. I predict that at the coaches meeting, more than one coach will lobby to include additional runners as league all-stars -- outside the top twelve finishers. Eventually, there will be 13 boys all-stars and 14 girls all-stars.

9. Remember how in 2004 lots of runner missed the meet to attend the Red Sox World Series Championship parade... ah, good times, good times... I predict that the Sox will not have won the World Series by Saturday morning.

10. I predict that at least one of these predictions will be wrong.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glennon is way louder than me!

The rest of your predictions are dead on... except some of them.

Anonymous said...

Any predictions about the weather?

Anonymous said...

...I predict that I will be the loudest runner...or at least lead the loudest pre-running cheer...

~Mike
(the fish)

Anonymous said...

YES! dorfman 58

Anonymous said...

dorfman....so intense

Anonymous said...

I think #10 will be the one prediction that is wrong.

...oh wait!

Anonymous said...

Well, 1/2 of your winners prediction was right, which makes your #10 right.

I precicted that Gibson wouldnt race even though he wasnt hurt. Oh wait, no I didnt.

Anonymous said...

13 boys all stars? dang...

i got 14th.

it should be top 15 though tbh, so much more competitive in both races!