November 20, 2011

NNHS Alumni at NCAA Div III XC Nationals

I don't want to miss these outstanding performances from former NN teammates running at the Div III XC Championship in Oshkosh on Saturday.

Bates senior Ben Chebot placed 108th overall in 25:20.64, finishing as the fourth man for the Bates Varsity, which placed 7th out of 32 teams. According to online splits, Ben was in 199th place at the mile, and passed 90 people after that!

Rochester junior Dan Hamilton placed 239th overall in 26:15.56, the seventh man for his team, which finished 22nd.

Other notable performances:

Brookline alum and Washington Univ. senior Mike Burnstein finished 10th overall in 24:25.25, earning All-American. Newton South alum Andrew Wortham was 49th overall, and the second finisher for Bates, running 24:57.16.

4 comments:

m. glennon said...

Congrats to Burn on yet another AA honor. I know he was hoping to be right there for the win which I thought he had a shot at but he should be happy with his performance and 3rd place by his team.

Anonymous said...

Check out the NESCAC! 5 teams in the top 15:

6. Williams
7. Bates
9. Tufts
12. Midd
15. Bowdoin

Best league in D3!

Anonymous said...

The NESCAC women were just as impressive with:

2. Middlebury
3. Williams
11. Amherst
20. Tufts

MIT was also 5th.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Glennon. I thought I had a shot at it too, but luckily my team ran out of their minds on the most important day. It will still stand as a very pleasant memory of my last college xc race.

I didn't realize Andrew was that far up- awesome. I'm excited to see what Bates does these next couple years. I'd love to see them dethrone Williams in the NESCAC.

Burnstein