January 19, 2008

NNHS Alumni Results - January 19, 2007

Wesleyan was in town Saturday to run in the 2008 Reggie Poyau Invitational at Brandeis University, and two NNHS alumnae scored in the middle distance events. Stephanie O'Brien placed fourth in the 1000m, running 3:08.78. Haleigh Smith placed 6th in the mile in 5:22.91.

Yale freshman David Smith placed 2nd in the shot put in a tri-meet with Columbia and Dartmouth. Smitty threw 14.72m (48-03.50), a PR with the college shot.

Williams hosted a meet this weekend, and I checked the results looking for Liz Gleason. It doesn't appear that Liz ran, but I encountered the name of another NN grad, better known for soccer than for track. Katie McLean, a freshman at Union College, placed third in the mile, running 5:45.21.

At the RIT Invitatational, Dan Chebot ran 4:51 for the mile. I know that running at RIT is not the same as running at Reggie Lewis, but I wonder how often younger brother Ben has been able to boast the best mile time of the week?




Brookline alum Jerzy Eisenberg-Guyot clcoked a nice 3K at the Tufts Invitational on Saturday, running 9:10.18.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott Cole went 4:42.43 in the mile at the Reggie Poyau Invitational

Jon Waldron said...

Gah - how did I miss Scott in the results? That's a great time for him!

Unknown said...

yeah, about that time.....I got spiked on the starting line in my right foot but ran the race anyway through fairly substantial pain. Upon finishing i looked down to see my shoe completely torn open and covered in blood, and from what i could tell my foot was really, really swollen. I took the shoe off and found what appeared to be a golf ball stuffed under the skin and a giant gash that required the use of steri-strips to close up. I know the time was really slow, but i've never dropped out of a race and basically just ran to finish. I've got some pretty sweet pictures that i could send if you'd like- some of the best carnage i've ever seen at a track meet (except for the time I saw somebody get speared by a javelin at andover).

Jon Waldron said...

Hey Dan, I'm sorry to here about that race, and hope that your foot heals quickly. I am impressed that you had the mental tenacity to finish (although anyone who wins a 30K trail run probably is not lacking in mental tenacity). And yeah, I'd like to see the pictures. Wasn't that what Bob Dylan was referring to with his famous album "Blood on the Track"?

Anonymous said...

Wait, what? Was I there when someone got speared by a javalin?

-Clay