July 09, 2008

NSRP Update - July 9

We've been having good crowds lately for the Newton Summer Running Project, so I thought I should give an update.

First of all, I won't be at Cold Springs Wednesday, July 9, since I'll be traveling. I don't think that's going to stop the group, though.

In our usual disorganized way, we seem to have settled into roughly three groups: the low-mileage group typically runs about 5-7 miles, depending on how everyone feels. The mid-mileage group is doing 8-9, and there is a high-mileage group doing 70 minutes or more.

Most runs have involved the aqueduct somehow, although on Monday we tried the crosstown trail in Wellesley for variety. We still haven't done a BC Reservoir loop, so maybe that's next.

Efforts to meet at a different venue have so far failed completely, although I haven't given up on the idea.

It has been good to see the Newton South guys out in force; they are going to be tough to beat in the Fall. It has also been good to have Noah, Dave, Mike, Mike, Dan, Jarad (once!), Seb, Jamie, and Josh representing current and past Newton teams. Mike, Jerzy, Matias, and Matt represent the Brookline alumni. Rex has joined us the last couple of weeks from Dedham (and Lowell) and brought Ruben last Wednesday. Paul (Amherst HS, Brandeis teammate of Sam D) has been a great Monday addition.

I continue to be impressed with this group, and my only regret is that I didn't think to bring popsicles on Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sam arsenault doesnt have very good running or jumping form. he, and you, should work on that.

Anonymous said...

is that a serious comment

Anonymous said...

Wednesday: 2 Newton South guys(Tal & ?), Seb, Mike, Burnstein, and me ran through a pouring thunderstorm for a nice refreshing run(8 miles for the last 4 guys).