November 29, 2008

Chebot Family Results

Dan Chebot writes:

"All five of us ran the Boston Volvo 5k for MS [on Thanksgiving Day]. I got 5th in 15:56... Ben got 9th in 17:22, Jesse got 31st in 19:10, my dad got 131st in 24:02 and my mom finished 396th in 28:22. It was a lot of fun for all of us and hopefully my parents are now hooked."

Dan's fifth place came against stiff competition (there are no easy races on Thanksgiving!), and he was only 16 seconds behind the winner. Ben won his age group. It's amazing that Jesse ran just over 19 minutes, since most of his training is probably on the bike. As for Alan and Terri -- I'm delighted to be able to post the results from their first (?) road race. The Chebots have always been great supporters of this blog and Newton North track and XC. Congratulations on your run, and on fielding a complete five-person team!

(And let me know when you want to start those track workouts...)

No comments: