November 20, 2008

Ryan Hall to Run Boston

On Tuesday, the Boston Athletic Association announced that 2008 Olympic Trials winner and 2:06 marathoner Ryan Hall will run in the 2009 Boston Marathon.

TOP AMERICAN RYAN HALL TO RUN 2009 BOSTON MARATHON

Hall is the fastest American ever, and finished 10th in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. He is also considered one of a very few Americans with a realistic chance of winning a major marathon against the top runners in the world.

The last American to win Boston was Greg Meyer in 1983, and that was before the race offered prize money. Since then, the closes any American has come to the top spot was in 2006, when Meb Keflezighi finished third, and Brian Sell and Alan Culpepper took fourth and fifth.

It will be interesting to see how Hall does. I wonder if he will make any trips east from his training base in Mammoth Lakes, CA to practice on the Boston course?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm out for a run this winter break and see Ryan Hall running up Heartbreak Hill I am going to gun for him with everything I've got. He would be a fool to challenge me because I've run up that hill hundreds of times and know the shortcuts. I've also survived Blackburn's hill workouts, which I know for a fact Mr. Hall has not.

Tyler said...

Yet another reason to be excited to come back to the states. Go Ryan!

Anonymous said...

ryan hall ftw

Anonymous said...

Ryan was here last year for USATF Indoors when Sara raced. I'm sure he'll be here again this year that weekend. I'm sure he'll be out on Commonwealth Ave. that Sunday. I saw Centrowitz and Powell headed out that day for a long run from the hotel. I went to brunch instead.

Scott Cole said...

Ryan Hall ain't got poop on the D-Sizzle machine!

ZLBDAD said...

Technically speaking...Khannouchi was the fastest American ever

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Hall run, I'm going to come home that weekend! And also, Sara Hall's sister lives in Boston, and Sara is actually quoted saying that Boston feels like a second home to her. Her sister lives near Jamaica Pond, and she said that her and Ryan spend a solid amount of time in Boston. That would be awesome to bump into him on a run, and it is definitely a possibility!

- Tom