May 25, 2009

Franca Godenzi Runs 1:39:30 Half-Marathon!

I hope Franca Godenzi receives an "A" for effort.

For her senior project, the Newton North grad-to-be chose to study marathon training, using herself as a subject. Her final test was to run half of the Vermont City Marathon (she purposefully chose to run half the marathon not the full distance based on the near unanimous recommendations from her sources). Not only did she run, she cruised, passing 10 miles in 76:44 and finishing in 1:39:30, a 7:35 pace.

That's more than four straight 5Ks at 23:31 pace!

Congratulations, Franca!

UPDATE:

The illustrious Gleason family (some subset, but I'm not sure which) finished the two-person relay in 3:06:57.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that like good or something

Bombay said...

I saw Franca and someone whom I'm guessing was her mother at the expo on Saturday and spoke with her briefly about her endeavor. I think that's a pretty cool idea for a senior project and I'm glad that things went so well for her.

I hope she continues to run well at NYU and many a race to come.

Franca said...

thanks jon! how'd you find out my time? from my watch it was 1:35 (7:18 pace), i think 1:39 was wheelchair time.

Jon Waldron said...

Hi Franca,

I found your time here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/vt/May24_21stKe_set1.shtml

What's this about wheelchair time? Anyway, 7:18 pace is great. Congratulations!

Jon Waldron said...

Bombay -- how did your race go?

Bombay said...

The race went fairly well considering the short preparation I put into it (about 4 weeks). A buddy and I ran a 2 person relay, I had the second half. I started out pretty conservatively and ended up running 1:26:10 with a big finish. Now I just have to keep up the consistent running through the summer so I have a better chance at Bill's Pizza 5k. :)