November 11, 2006

NNHS Alumni Results - 11/11/06

Saturday was the day for NCAA Div I and Div III Regional meets (qualifiers for the National Championships). The following NNHS Alumni were in action:

David Polgar ran 34:49 to place 119th (fifth man for BU) at the Div I Northeast Regional at Van Cortland Park.

Div I Northeast Regional Men's 10K Results




Liz Gleason ran 22:26 for 6K to finish 13th overall (2nd for Williams) at the Div III New England regional. Williams finished third, and has received an at-large invitation to the championship meet.

Link to Women's 6K Results

At the same meet, Doug Brecher ran 27:21 to finish 69th (3rd for Bates College) in the Men's 8K. After a slow start this season, Brecher steadily improved to move up to the 3rd man on his team for the first time.

Link to Men's 8K Results




Dan Chebot finished 105th (6th for Univ. o f Rochester) in 28:13 at the Div III Atlantic Regional hosted by SUNY Geneseo.

Link to Men's 8K Results

1 comment:

Dávid Polgár said...

"10k"s suck. I'm never (probably not until next year until I'm forced to do so again) running another 10k again!! Also, I didn't know I had a "blogger display name" and I don't know how I got that thing. AND nice job NNHS, girls, you almost made it, and guys, Jon, or whoever made that comment about nearly 5 of the top 7 returning next year, well, yea, that's a good point. I should be sleeping, enjoy!!