November 02, 2006

State Coaches Meet




This Saturday is the State Coaches Meet in Wrentham. For all except varsity runners, this is the final meet of the season -- a chance to have one last good race before the winter.

It is also a chance to run against other runners in your school year. There are twelve separate races at the meet: there are Div I and Div II freshman races (3K), sophomore races (5K), and junior/senior races (5K) for boys and girls. Newton North runs in Div I, and should have runners in most, if not all of the races.

State Coaches Meet Order of Events:

9:30 a.m. 10th Grade B Div II 5k
9:50 a.m. 10th Grade G Div II 5k
10:15 a.m. 9th Grade B Div II 3k
10:35 a.m. 9th Grade G Div II 3k
10:55 a.m. 11-12th Grade B Div II 5k
11:25 a.m. 11-12th Grade G Div II 5k

12:15 p.m. 10th Grade B Div I 5k
12:40 p.m. 10th Grade G Div I 5k
1:10 p.m. 9th Grade B Div I 3k
1:30 p.m. 9th Grade G Div I 3k
1:45 p.m. 11-12th Grade B Div I 5k
2:10 p.m. 11-12th Grade G Div I 5k


The Wrentham course is relatively flat, but not necessarily fast since much of it is run through fields that typically have fairly thick grass. Last year's times seemed to be a little faster than Franklin Park.

The weather forecast looks a lot better than last weekend! Although it will be quite chilly, there is no rain in the forecast, and temperatures should be up to the low 40's by the middle of the day when the Div I races are scheduled.

For more information about the meet, directions, and a schedule of the races, see the following document:

State Coaches Meet Info on MSTCA site (PDF)

No comments: