February 21, 2011

NNHS Alumni Results - 2/19-20/11

[An earlier version of this post mistakenly listed results from the GBTC Invite in January. My apologies!]

Bowdoin's Michele Kaufman competed on Saturday at the Women's New England Division III Championships at MIT, taking 2nd in the 55m hurdles in 8.37. In the same meet, another NN grad, Jaya Tripathi was listed as running the 400 leg on Amherst's DMR team that finished 4th.

The USATF-NE Indoor Track Championship Meet was held Sunday at Harvard's Gordon Track. I've been through the results and I think there were at least two NN alumnae and one current NN athlete competing:

Northeastern's Jess Barton placed 2nd in the mile in what I believe is a personal best time of 4:55.24. Also in the mile was Wheaton's Shoshanna Kruskal, who ran 6:03.14.

Current NN junior Stephanie Brown placed 2nd in the pole vault with a jump of 3.35m (10-11.75).

5 comments:

m. glennon said...

I thionk the meet at harvard was the USATF NE Indoor Champpionships. Were you there or did you find results? I couldn't find any.

Jon Waldron said...

You are absolutely right. Not only did I mis-identify the meet, I posted results from the earlier GBTC meet (held 1/23). A quick search and I still haven't found the USATF-NE results. When I do, I'll re-post.

Thanks for the catch!!

mglennon said...

No problem - just checking for next installment of the Tanzanian tales.

seeherman said...

Results are now on coolrunning; looks like the wandering NNHS pole vaulter cleared 3.35 meters.

Anonymous said...

Conor Ebbs placed 14th at Harvard USATF-NE with a mark of 13.04 meters