February 08, 2011

Tanzania Journal - Prologue


Among other things, daily running is one way some of us attempt to bring order and routine to a confusing and chaotic world.

Among other things, traveling takes us out of our routine so we can grow by seeing new things, or by seeing old things in new ways.

Running while traveling pits the instinct for the familiar against the yearning for the new and unpredictable.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting several journal entries about my trip to Africa and a little bit about the running I did there. I'm warning you in advance that these will be very long (I went a very long way, after all) and won't shed much light on Newton North track and field, and maybe not much about running either.

The Swahili word for trip or journey is "safari." I invite you to come along on this safari with me, but I'm not sure myself where we'll end up. If you don't want to come along, that's fine, too.

Either way, karibu... you're welcome...

No comments: